How To Install any browser in Kali Linux
Table of Contents
Kali Linux is a widely used operating system for cybersecurity professionals, ethical hackers, and enthusiasts. It’s renowned for its robust security features and a wide range of tools for penetration testing and digital forensics. However, Kali Linux doesn’t come with a pre-installed web browser. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to install any browser of your choice on Kali Linux. How To Install any browser in Kali Linux
Why Install a Browser on Kali Linux?
Before we get into the installation process, let’s discuss why you might want to install a web browser on Kali Linux:
- Web Research: You may need to research vulnerabilities, exploits, or security-related information on the internet. A web browser is essential for accessing online resources.
- Documentation: Online documentation, tutorials, and forums are valuable sources of information for cybersecurity professionals. A browser makes it easy to access these resources.
- Tool Compatibility: Some cybersecurity tools have web-based interfaces. Having a browser on your Kali Linux system ensures compatibility with such tools.
- User Convenience: If you’re using Kali Linux as your primary operating system, having a browser provides convenience for everyday tasks like email, social media, or general web browsing.
Kali linux steps
sudo apt update && apt upgrade
sudo apt install wget
Browser’s links u can use any one
- Open a web browser on your Kali Linux system (you can use Firefox or Chromium).
- Go to the Google Chrome download page.
- Click on the “Download Chrome” button.
- On the next page, click on the “Download Chrome” button again, and select the “64 bit .deb (For Debian/Ubuntu)” option.
- Save the
.debfile to your preferred location
sudo apt install ./google-chrome-stable_current_amd64.deb
If there are any missing dependencies, you can install them using:
sudo apt install -f
Launch Google Chrome
After the installation is complete, you can launch Google Chrome by typing:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install chromium
For 64 bit:
For 32 bit:
# tar xvjf firefox-55.0.tar.bz2 (use sudo if not work)
# sudo apt update && apt upgrade
Using Snap or Flatpak (Optional)
Alternatively, you can install some browsers using Snap or Flatpak, which are universal package managers. These methods provide easy installation and updates for specific applications.
For example, to install Firefox using Snap, you can use the following commands:
sudo apt update sudo apt install snapd sudo snap install firefox
Similarly, for Chromium, you can use:
sudo apt update sudo apt install snapd sudo snap install chromium
Keep in mind that Snap and Flatpak may not have all browser options available, but they are convenient for certain applications
Installing a web browser on Kali Linux is essential for various tasks, including web research, documentation access, and tool compatibility. Whether you choose Chromium, Firefox, Google Chrome, or any other browser, this guide has provided you with comprehensive instructions to set up your preferred browser on Kali Linux. Enjoy secure and convenient web browsing on your Kali Linux system!How To Install any browser in Kali Linux